An exciting day – village recorders analysed and plotted 14 months octopus data for 4 villages on Fundo Island in Pemba, Zanzibar. Clear peaks can be seen in octopus average size and daily catch corresponding to reef closures. Next stop the Fisheries Department!
Our partner for this project in Fundo Island is the Indian Ocean Commission Biodiversity.
- Election of leadership & launch of Management Committee for our eco-credit MKUBA programFebruary 17, 2020 - 7:40 am
- Is this the first ever record of a common blanket octopus in East Africa?February 4, 2020 - 10:19 am
- Boma Subutuni: 17th village engaged in community-led temporary closuresJanuary 28, 2020 - 12:55 pm
- Blog: Breaking down market barriers to benefit communities and biodiversityJanuary 20, 2020 - 12:46 pm
- Watch this space in 2020…here we comeDecember 31, 2019 - 12:42 pm
- Learning exchange visitors from Lamu County, KenyaDecember 26, 2019 - 12:21 pm