6 November 2015
In August, Mwambao facilitated a workshop with Tanzanian policy makers and representatives from fishing communities to disseminate and discuss the FAO Voluntary Guidelines for Securing Sustainable Small-Scale Fisheries (VG-SSF). At the workshop, precipitated by the International Collective in Support of Fishworkers, stakeholders discussed the applicability of the guidelines in the local Tanzanian context, reflected upon Tanzania’s own policies, learned about peoples’ rights at national and international levels, and identified ways to implement the guidelines. Mwambao will be part of a task team to help implement recommendations made during the workshop.
- Election of leadership & launch of Management Committee for our eco-credit MKUBA programFebruary 17, 2020 - 7:40 am
- Is this the first ever record of a common blanket octopus in East Africa?February 4, 2020 - 10:19 am
- Boma Subutuni: 17th village engaged in community-led temporary closuresJanuary 28, 2020 - 12:55 pm
- Blog: Breaking down market barriers to benefit communities and biodiversityJanuary 20, 2020 - 12:46 pm
- Watch this space in 2020…here we comeDecember 31, 2019 - 12:42 pm
- Learning exchange visitors from Lamu County, KenyaDecember 26, 2019 - 12:21 pm