‘Umoja ni nguvu utengano ni udhaifu’
‘Unity is strength, being separate makes you weak’
The first collaborative management group (CMG) for Zanzibar! Four communities have formed a group to work together to guard their temporary and permanent closure areas and enforce legal fishing techniques in South Pemba Island, Tanzania. This part of our project with partners Fauna & Flora International.
Photo: Committee members from two communities on a boat during the GPS mapping of each communities closure areas.
- Election of leadership & launch of Management Committee for our eco-credit MKUBA programFebruary 17, 2020 - 7:40 am
- Is this the first ever record of a common blanket octopus in East Africa?February 4, 2020 - 10:19 am
- Boma Subutuni: 17th village engaged in community-led temporary closuresJanuary 28, 2020 - 12:55 pm
- Blog: Breaking down market barriers to benefit communities and biodiversityJanuary 20, 2020 - 12:46 pm
- Watch this space in 2020…here we comeDecember 31, 2019 - 12:42 pm
- Learning exchange visitors from Lamu County, KenyaDecember 26, 2019 - 12:21 pm