New partnership with WildAid!
Mwambao has joined forces with WildAid and the Department of Fisheries with the assistance of funding from USAID under the TzProtect programme. Our project is ‘Reversing biodiversity degradation and improving fisheries management through Community engagement, Pragmatic protection and Private sector participation within the Pemba Channel Conservation Area (PECCA).
We are currently drafting a compliance plan for PECCA. This project gives us a head start in establishing Zanzibar’s first ‘Collaborative Management Group’ where several fishing communities work collaboratively to manage and patrol their fishing grounds.
- Election of leadership & launch of Management Committee for our eco-credit MKUBA programFebruary 17, 2020 - 7:40 am
- Is this the first ever record of a common blanket octopus in East Africa?February 4, 2020 - 10:19 am
- Boma Subutuni: 17th village engaged in community-led temporary closuresJanuary 28, 2020 - 12:55 pm
- Blog: Breaking down market barriers to benefit communities and biodiversityJanuary 20, 2020 - 12:46 pm
- Watch this space in 2020…here we comeDecember 31, 2019 - 12:42 pm
- Learning exchange visitors from Lamu County, KenyaDecember 26, 2019 - 12:21 pm